Our schools operate in challenging social contexts, with over half of our year 11 students eligible for Pupil Premium funding – double the national average. Ark students are also 40% more likely to have entered secondary school at least one level behind their peers.
Despite this, our schools achieve great results:
- Ark was recently rated by the Department for Education (DfE) as the highest performing large multi-academy trust for value added, which measures how much progress students have made since primary school.
- King Solomon Academy has been rated as the best non-selective secondary school in the whole country.
- In 2014 and again in 2015, Ark Conway Primary Academy had the best key stage 1 results in the whole country.
- Ark Kings Academy in Birmingham is the most improved sponsored academy in the country and the most improved school in Birmingham. Ark Helenswood Academy is the most improved school and the best performing secondary school in Hastings; Ark Blacklands is the most improved primary school in Hastings. Charter Academy was the most improved school in 2014 in the country and was awared a national prize for its use of the pupil premium.
- Ark students are twice as likely to achieve five good GCSEs than the national average if they start secondary school behind.
- Our primaries are improving at a rate well beyond the national average; the percentage of students at age 11 achieving the expected level 4 in reading, writing and maths increased by five percentage points thisyear, compared with just two percentage points nationally, and those achieving above expectations (level 5) also increased by five points while nationally, the average remained flat. Ark Bentworth is the most improved primary school in Hammersmith and Fulham, and in the top 2% of most improved schools across the whole of London, where there are nearly 1,000 eligible schools.
- Ark schools significantly exceed the national averages for year 1 students passing the phonics screening check. In three primary schools – Ark Globe Academy, Ark Priory and Ark Conway Primary Academy – 100% of students passed the phonics check.
We’re proud that our schools have achieved some of the best results in the country. We’re also proud of the Ark staff who have built environments where pupils can succeed. Ark schools are twice as likely to be rated Outstanding by Ofsted and all Ark schools have now come out of special measures and all bar one is now Good or Outstanding.