Through exemplary training for NQTs and support for mentors, Ark Teacher Training supports the development of the very best teachers.
Ark Teacher Training was rated as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted for our initial teacher training programme. We have used our expertise in teacher development to create a rigorous NQT programme, providing an exceptional foundation for those at the beginning of their careers, when the learning curve is the steepest.
We know that to develop teachers that excel we also need to develop highly skilled mentors. Our mentor training, included as part of the NQT package, supports mentors to be school-wide models for exemplary practice.
Your NQTs will be set up for success with:
- An Ark-delivered summer school covering the highest leverage strategies in pedagogy, to ensure they are equipped to excel with their first classes.
- Half-termly training, provided by ATT in one of our regional centres, focusing on Climate for Learning, Planning and Preparation and Assessing and Responding
- Differentiated curriculum options, with practice-based and project-based pathways
- Weekly Mentoring and Real Time Coaching, Team-Teaching and Learning to Plan sessions, delivered by staff, fully supported by our training and materials
- A Personalised Impact Plan to embed what is learned on the programme
- Two conferences developing teaching skills
Your mentors will be set up for success with:
- A cutting-edge coaching training package including; Coaching, Real-Time Coaching, Team-Teaching and Learning to Plan
- Optional training in London on the highest leverage pedagogical strategies
Your NQT Leads will be set up for success with:
- Termly meetings to share up-to-date innovation and good practice
- Quality assurance support to develop outstanding in-school mentoring provision
- Training on simple, effective assessment
- Accreditation through the National Teacher Accreditation