We have ten years' experience of successfully transforming schools, building outstanding new schools and improving the life chances of some of the most disadvantaged young people in the country. Working in an Ark school gives you the opportunity to be part of this change and to learn from and collaborate with some of the very best colleagues and leaders in education today.
We want every child to succeed, whether they go to an Ark school or not. That’s why we’ve spent the last ten years developing new teaching and learning techniques and programmes, discovering what works in our schools before rolling them out more widely. Innovative programmes that started life within Ark schools include: Mathematics Mastery, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders and Frontline.
Ark also work internationally, supporting governments across the globe to create the environment for their schools to flourish. We even recently opened our first school abroad, in Delhi.
We help you to concentrate on doing what you do best… teaching.
At Ark we are united by the same core purpose and six pillars, but each of our schools has its own unique ethos and character, led by the principal and school community.
We value and encourage creative approaches to teaching and learning and do not operate a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach. We are constantly improving our frameworks and ways of working as well as prioritising behaviour management to give you the freedom to concentrate on improving educational outcomes for your young people.
We will invest heavily in your development and make sure that you are always provided with great opportunities to learn new skills and progress. This includes:
- Training for your whole career, from starting out as a trainee to running your own school
- Twice the number of training days as standard
- Network-wide training days where people in specific roles or subject areas get together to share best practice and deepen their subject knowledge
- Online training giving you access to exciting content and best practice at your fingertips
- Bespoke training - your school will develop and deliver its own training sessions, responsive to need
- Opportunities to work across the Ark network - take on network-wide responsibilities or lead training for other members of the Ark network
We recognise great work, support our staff and celebrate success
Great schools are made of great teachers – that is why we work hard to recognise hard work. Each school has its own way of celebrating success, from end-of-term bbqs, to weekly shout-outs in staff meetings but what every teacher across the network will receive is:
- A 2.5% higher than main scale teacher salary and where possible, there may also be the opportunity for bonuses, rewarding performance
- The chance to progress - and quickly - with opportunities in school and across the Ark network, including our middle leader and senior leader development programmes
- Access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme
- Support every step of the way, with unparalleled line-management and peer-to-peer support
- Opportunities for staff to be involved in exciting projects - from working with your local community to travelling across the world to share your knowledge and expertise as part of our international Fellows programme.
Search for a job
Look at the vacancies in our 34 schools and central team.