ARK Schools has reported a third set of A level results for the three schools that now have year 13 students: Burlington Danes Academy, Walworth Academy and ARK Putney Academy. Across the three schools 186 students sat 555 A level and equivalent exams achieving a 98% pass rate overall – in line with national attainment for 2013.
Almost three quarters of grades awarded to ARK students were A*-C (73%) and 47% were A*-B. ARK grades are close to national attainment for 2012.
Among the highlights:
- 50% of grades awarded at Burlington Danes Academy, in their third A level year, were A*-B
- The average point score per Burlington Danes student is 851.8 points (up from 747.5 in 2012) and 23% of Burlington Danes UCAS applicants secured places at Russell Group universities.
- At ARK Putney, which joined the network in September 2012, 82% of students achieved at least three A levels or equivalents and 100% of key stage five students achieved at least two A level or equivalent qualifications.
All three schools have students heading to leading Russell Group universities.
- Najib Uddin from Walworth Academy achieved an A* in Chemistry and three As in Biology, Mathematics and Psychology and is looking forward to studying Chemistry with Biomedicine at Kings College, University of London.
- Jake Taylor from ARK Putney, achieved A*s in Chemistry and Physics and an A in Mathematics despite a year of serious illness and will study Astrophysics at University College London. Jake has been awarded a Reuban Scholarship to support him in his studies.
- Sam Houdi from ARK Putney achieved an A* in English Literature and three As in History, Economics and Psychology and will study Politics, Philosophy and Economics at York University.
- Nawid Daoud, from Burlington Danes Academy achieved three A*s in Physics, Maths and Further Maths and will study civil engineering at the University of Bristol