Congratulations to all our students on their exam results this summer. Thanks to their hard work, results across the network are up in primary, secondary and sixth form.
Network-wide, Ark pupils are up 3pp, with 72% achieving the expected standards in reading, writing and maths - a strong 7pp above national average.
We were particularly pleased with results at our two primaries in Portsmouth, with 80% at Ark Ayrton achieving the standard, up 36pp on last year, and 65% at Dickens, up 25pp on last year.
Results across the network have improved. 76% of our students achieved a 4 or better in their English GCSEs, and 67% in maths. 31% of our students achieved the EBacc, well above the expected national average. Some highlights:
- Students at Ark King Solomon Academy were particularly successful, with 95% of students achieving 4 or better in English, and 87% in maths.
- Ark’s most improved school was Ark William Parker in Hastings – especially welcome ahead of the school joining Ark Helenswood in September to become Ark Alexandra.
73% of A-level grades were A*-C. Some highlights:
- Many Ark sixth form students have earned places at prestigious destinations - 69% are on their way to university, with 41% to top third institutions, 21% to Russell Group universities, and seven students receiving places at Oxford or Cambridge.
- Ark Globe was the network’s highest-achieving and most-improved sixth form, with a 14pp improvement over last year’s percentage of students achieving 3 or more A*-C (or equivalent).
- Students taking applied courses did particularly well. Our Professional Pathways Foundation Year students, who took a Level 3 business qualification (equivalent to an A level) and retook maths and/or English GCSE, achieved a 95% pass rate in their business qualification, and 43% and 64% pass rates for maths and English respectively, almost double the national averages. Several students received highly competitive apprenticeships including with Sky, Transport for London, and Bloomberg.