Ark is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of visitors when using our websites or communicating electronically with us. This policy covers the use of personally identifiable information that is collected when visiting our website.
Ark is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we will use and store your information in line with both the Ark Data Protection Policy and all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018. You can read Ark’s Data Protection Policy here: Ark Data Protection Policy - April 2021 - April 2024.pdf
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. While we strive to keep the information that you supply secure, please be aware that the Internet is not a fully secure medium. We use secure servers for collecting sensitive information.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that your web browser stores in your computer or mobile device whilst using our website.
Cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to enter this information again for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to personally identify you. If you choose not to accept our website cookies, this will not affect your access to the majority of facilities available on our website.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies and you can easily manage your website cookie preferences from your computer using the settings within your browser control panel.
Ark is committed to protecting privacy, keeping personal data safe and treating details with the utmost care. Our privacy notices outline how we collect and use data:
- Ark General Privacy Notice
- Ark Supporters Privacy Notice
- Ark Alumni Privacy Notice
- Ark to Ark Cycle Event Privacy Notice
This policy will be reviewed periodically, and any changes published on this page. Please check this policy regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes to processing or data collection.