Our schools operate in challenging social contexts, and serve a higher than average proportion of children from disadvantaged backgrounds: over half (51%) of Ark students were eligible for Pupil Premium in 2016-17 compared to a national average of 27%.
Despite this, across all phases, our schools have achieved some excellent results this year:
- We have improved on all performance measures at key stage four. 62% of our students achieved a grade 4-9 in both English and Mathematics combined - an improvement of 5ppts on the comparative A*-C measure last year
- Across our sixth forms we have seen significant improvement across a number of our schools. Our preliminary destinations data shows that 44% of our students will be going to top third universities, with 20% going to Russell Group universities. This is almost twice last year’s national average
- This was the highest performing year of key stage 2 results since the expansion of our primary programme. 61% of year 6 students met the expected standard for reading, writing and maths - an improvement of 9ppt from last year
- Performance in Phonics was yet again impressive across the network. A record-equalling 93% of year 1 pupils passed the phonics check for the second year running
- In the Early years foundation stage our schools maintained strong outcomes with 81% of pupils achieving a Good Level of Development.