Today marks the launch of Ark Ventures, which aims to incubate, launch and scale up initiatives that have the potential to transform the lives of children.
Many of the initiatives ideas started in Ark schools. Others have come from innovators and partners outside of Ark. But they all share the ambition to address some of the most intractable issues in education and society – and they all have the potential to deliver widespread system change.
Ark Ventures contributes strategic and operational support while the ventures are growing into sustainable organisations.
Ark Ventures is supporting the following portfolio of ventures:
- The Institute for Teaching – a specialist graduate school for teachers
- EdCity – an innovative education hub in White City, London where organisations with a shared mission will collaborate to improve education standard
- Education Partnerships Group – bringing together different organisations around the world in order to help give every child an excellent education
- Ambition School Leadership – world-class leadership development and technical training for school leaders
- Peepul – an education non-profit that aims to transform children’s lives in India
- Mathematics Mastery – empowering and equipping schools to deliver world-class engaging and accessible mathematics teaching in a style inspired by Singapore and Shanghai
- English Mastery – improving standards in cultural and academic literacy
- Assembly – a schools data platform that brings education information management into the 21st century
- Frontline – training outstanding individuals to be leaders in social work
- Now Teach – encouraging experienced professionals to retrain as teachers
- Stir Education – working to reignite the spark in teachers in India and Uganda and empowering them to become committed, skilful and influential change-makers.
Deputy CEO of Ark, Michael Clark, said, “We know first-hand the impact that a great education can have. Through our network of schools, we aim to transform the lives of thousands of children in the UK. We’re ambitious about what our schools can achieve in the future, but we also want to have a positive impact on the education system as a whole. That’s why we created Ark Ventures – to deliver change far beyond our own schools.”
You can find out more about Ark Ventures here.